Cardigan · Knitting

Kara

Una delle mie ultime fisse riguarda i modelli pubblicati da Quince & Co. Ho già realizzato le meravigliose riedizioni di due dei modelli di Hannah Fettig, Wispy e Featherwiegh Cardirgan (entrambi pubblicati nel libro Knitbot Essential), ma non ho saputo resistere alla tentazione di avviare un altro cardigan stupendo: Kara di Cecily G McDonald. Appena l’ho visto ho deciso che, prima o poi, lo avrei realizzato. Il momento è arrivato quando ho comprato la Rosarios4 WoolyBoo in una favolosa tenuissima sfumatura di rosa pesca che si addice perfettamente all’eleganza dell’effetto pizzo del modello.
One of my last obsession is about the patterns published by Quince & Co. I have already knitted the amazing re-editions of two of Hannah Fettig’s patterns, Wispy and Featherweight Cardigan (both of them published in the ebook Knitbot Essential), but I couldn’t resist the temptation of casting on another wonderful cardigan: Kara by Cecily G McDonald. As soon as I have seen it I decided that, now or then, I would have knitted it. The moment has arrived when I bought Rosarios4 WoolyBoo in a fabulous light peach pink shade which matches perfectly the elegance of the pattern’s lace motif.
Ovviamente, avendo a disposizione un filato totalmente diverso da quello indicato nelle istruzioni, ho dovuto apportare qualche modifica visto che, anche se ho usato lo stesso n. di ferri (4 mm), la mia tensione era completamente diversa.
Obviously, because I have used a totally different yarn from the one suggested by the instructions, I had to do some modifications as, even if I have used the same needles size (4 mm), my gauge was completely off.
Ecco qua le mie modifiche:
Per il dietro del lavoro ho avviato solamente 76 maglie (1 m per la cucitura, 8 ripetizioni + 2 m, 1 altra m per l’altra cucitura) ed ho eseguito un totale di 5 ripetizioni in verticale.
Per le maniche ho avviato ad ambo i lati 45 maglie ed eseguito un totale di 5 ripetizioni in verticale per avere una circonferenza manica leggermente più agiata.
Una volta chiuse le maglie per lo scollo, mi sono rimaste 20 maglie per ciascuna delle due parti del davanti.
Il mio Kara mi piace tantissimo e non vedo l’ora di indossarlo!
Here are my mods:
For the back I CO just 76 stitches (1 st for the sewing, 8 repeats + 2 sts, 1 st for the other sewing) and I have done a total of 5 repeats in vertical.
For the sleeves, I CO 45 stitches and I have done 5 repeats in vertical in order to have a sleeve circumference slightly more comfortable.
Once the neck stitches were bounded off, I had 20 stitches left for each one of the front sections.
I am really pleased with my Kara and I can’t wait to wear it!

2 thoughts on “Kara

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s